{Disarmed} RE: Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies

  • Subject: {Disarmed} RE: [iris-photos] Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:06:37 -0700

Griff, that seedling has the Wearing Rubies colors already.  I don’t understand the growth problems with WR.  I haven’t seen any, and Margie and I have similar climates.  I believe different irises sometimes require different cultural practices.  Some like fertilizer; others don’t.  Some like sandy soil; others do best in clay, as well as differences in tolerating heat and cold, wet and dry.  It becomes very complicated, a game of trial and error.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9