{Disarmed} RE: Hyb: seedling/Wearing Rubies

  • Subject: {Disarmed} RE: [iris-photos] Hyb: seedling/Wearing Rubies
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:10:55 -0700

I am surprised at this report of Wearing Rubies.  It has been an excellent grower here in blaizing hot Phoenix, the best Blyth iris I’ve ever grown.  I’ve only had it two years, but it bloomed six beautiful stalks last spring, and I harvested eight or nine big healthy rhizomes this fall.  I sure hope it keeps it up.  In the meantime, I seem to have lost Epicenter.  I may replace it next year.  It wasn’t growing in a good location.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9