Re: Fall Enterprise

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Fall Enterprise
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:50:11 -0400

LOL - well, weedy/swampy does sound encouraging <g>

I'm having such good success growing new stuff in pots of dirty perlite
to produce pollen, that whether or not it would live or die in the
ground isn't the big question for me that it used to be.  Now the bigger
question is whether or not it can produce strong enough kids when
crossed with my tough kids.

A few potential survivors in that pedigree.  EDITH isn't happy here, but
some of her kids do ok, plus some of her grandkids (from SEAKIST) are
superhealthy here.  & while I never much liked CONJURATION, it lived and
bloomed several years here before declining.

Thanks Mike!

<Will be out in 2007.  You never know what might grow for you.  Parents
are:  Starship Enterprise (which doesn't really grow very well for us) X
Grand Circle.  FE out performs both it's parents, especially SE.  Might
grow for you, might not.  Was growing nicely in a very weedy/swampy area
this past year if that helps.
Mike>
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8