{Disarmed} [iris-photo]HYB: Wearing Rubies seedling & rebloom

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] [iris-photo]HYB: Wearing Rubies seedling & rebloom
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 16:01:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 5:21:19 P.M. Central Standard Time, rshadlow@yahoo.com writes:
<<The WR x Pink A seedling isn’t all that bad, it’s a little plain for my tastes and the flowers aren’t as large.>>

Robin, thanks for all the pictures of Wearing Rubies children.  Did you make any crosses with this one?  Onto something taller?

Pink Attraction has even more stalks now!  More to freeze back.  This summer it has been the most prolific rebloomer in my garden, with stalks from July through now.  May have missed September.  I dug the clump in July of last year and planted five rhizomes in this new spot. It's gone crazy.

In the same bed are five clumps of Renown that had 1 stalk in the spring and nothing since.  Four clumps of Lemon Reflection (one died) have 3 or 4 stalks right now but none bloomed this spring.  Pure As Gold had half a dozen stalks in the spring (same bed) and 1 in July.

The problem with fall bloom seems to be universal.  I had random summer stalks and stalks now, but much of my regular fall bloom was missing.  It wasn't lack of rain.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives