Re: Pagan Dance, seedlings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Pagan Dance, seedlings
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:14:33 -0400

Yet here in the 'vale of despair', PAGAN DANCE still is hanging on.
(contrary nature of irises!)  It came from Iris City Gardens, Tennessee,
in 2003.  Just checked, and there is one fan still hanging on.  The two
surviving seedlings from VIOLET MIRACLE X PAGAN DANCE are doing ok, but
nothing to brag about.

I wonder if PAGAN D grows well elsewhere?

> Seeing that you can grow Wearing Rubies, I guess I shouldn't be surprised
>that you can grow Pagan Dance, which also dies for me. I discovered
> yesterday that I hadn't lost all my Wearing Rubies, there is one fan about
>3 in tall with a little flower stem. I guess that will be the death knell
>for it.
> If you ever a get a good seedling from a cross of these two, I don't think
>I would queue up to buy it, but the pattern is interesting.
> Colleen Modra
> Adelaide Hills
> South Australia

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8