{Disarmed} Re: HYB: All dogs-con't

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Re: HYB: All dogs-con't
  • From: Robin Shadlow rshadlow@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:01:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmm, would've expected that the seedling would be a plicata with that parentage.

I think I may be in the minority, but if a seedling doesn't interest you in some way, then I don't see the need to keep it on another year.  Especially if the color and pattern aren't what you are looking for.  Some people are so disciplined that they toss seedlings before they bloom based on poor plant health.

Of course if the cross is an effort to work with a recessive gene in future generations, then it would be better to look at second year bloom.  Probably not very reliable to try and chose the best candidate from the first year bloom.

Good to see you are getting triple sockets though, that's encouraging.

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=34963/stime=1162094568

Iris Iris plants Purple iris