Re: Fw: [iris] Big rhizome

  • Subject: Re: Fw: [iris] Big rhizome
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:56:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Griff,
I have had rhizomes on Bordello here in the San Fernando Valley which reached regularly 8 to 9 inches long.  I always said that they looked really obscene but I really love this wonderful dark iris.
Bordello (S. Roberts  R, 1876)  TB "36  E-M-L  Ruffled rich black with purple-red infusion; black-violet beard.  Adamsblack X Hell's Fire.  Cordon Bleu 1977.
Jan in Chatsworth

"J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net> wrote:
Well, this should have been sent to iris-photos, so here it is.