HYB: reblooming diploids

  • Subject: HYB: reblooming diploids
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 06:04:28 -0700 (PDT)

I had just been wondering [Friday morning] if these
guys would rebloom again this year, when later in the
day I caught sight of some purple through the door.

Three, out of the four diploid species-cross seedlings
that rebloomed last year, are doing it again. They're
from Iris cengialtii X 'Clown Pants'. ['Clown Pants'
is my hybrid of Iris variegata X Iris suaveolens var.
mellita]. These three will hopefully be a good
foundation for building some faithfully-reblooming
diploid lines. Next season, I plan to cross them with
some older-style [diploid] MTB's, and some of my other
species hybrids.