HYB: Better Picture of Diploid Number Two, and Question

  • Subject: HYB: Better Picture of Diploid Number Two, and Question
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 03:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a better picture of the second reblooming
diploid (from Iris cengialtii X CLOWN PANTS) -- it's
my favorite of the three rebloomers right now.

My question is about the way the stalks are growing on
all three of these rebloomers. None of them did this
during the normal bloom season, but most of the
current stalks are curved so much that they're
essentially growing sideways. I don't remember them
doing this last fall, so I'm inclined to think (or at
least hoping) that it's weather related. The red
arrows in the second picture point out two of these
curved stalks.

Thoughts on this, from any experienced rebloom growers???

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg