Re: HYB: Better Picture of Diploid Number Two, and Question

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Better Picture of Diploid Number Two, and Question
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:38:31 -0700 (PDT)

Ruth's Love, TB Sexton 1962 - yellow and white RE, has fall bloom stalks which wander all over the place.  I love them for flower arranging  because they are so much more fun to arrange than the straight line stalks of the spring.  Yes, Ruth is straight in the spring.  I have been growing it for many years and the fall stalks are like that every year.  I have a few others which do the same thing in the fall and are straight in the spring.
Your tectorum seedlings are doing well despite the long hot and dry weather here in Chatsworth.  Thank you.

thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com> wrote:
Here's a better picture of the second reblooming
diploid (from Iris cengialtii X CLOWN PANTS) -- it's
my favorite of the three rebloomers right now.

My question is about the way the stalks are growing on
all three of these rebloomers. None of them did this
during the normal bloom season, but most of the
current stalks are curved so much that they're
essentially growing sideways. I don't remember them
doing this last fall, so I'm inclined to think (or at
least hoping) that it's weather related. The red
arrows in the second picture point out two of these
curved stalks.

Thoughts on this, from any experienced rebloom growers???