Re: REB: More pictures of #3

  • Subject: Re: REB: More pictures of #3
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 04:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Linda,
I originally had selected this seedling out, from that
particular batch of seedlings, because I liked its
veiny look. Then it surprised me by reblooming last
fall. Now that its had two consecutive seasons of
bloom and rebloom, I can't say that I like it any less
;0) I guess I'll call that one a keeper!

I'm trying to get myself mentally prepared
(cold-hearted) for a round of long overdue bed
clearing, to make room for new seedlings -- I guess
you really can't keep 'em all :0(

I'll have to console myself this winter, with all of
the potentially interesting seeds waiting to be grown.

And thanks for that positive feedback about its papa
(CLOWN PANTS), I had figured that it'd be up to the
challenge of life in the vale ;0)
Glad to hear that it's thriving for you.
Take care, Tom

Linda Mann wrote:
Tom, that one is a lovely little thing. I really like
the contrast of
veins and shades of blue on the falls, plus it's
pretty in a clump.

CLOWN PANTS continues to thrive here, in spite of this
year's hot 100+yr
drought. Foliage got pretty scorched looking, but it
kept growing.
It's not in the really gravelly rows, but still...
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8