Matrix child

Matrix child.  Matrix is white ground with yellow rim and light cinnamon shoulder markings.  Photos in archives, fall 2005.  A photo of STAR GATE is in the archives also.

In the past, we have discussed the use of Matrix in breeding for rebloom.  I'm posting this seedling for the archives.  This was a "what if" cross, and this is what I expected.  This past spring I posted photos from the Rio X Matrix cross.

This seedling is 2150-02re.  (Star Gate X Matrix)  It's the second seedling to fall bloom from this cross.  STAR GATE is mine and is from Feed Back X Violet Miracle, resulting in 2150 being half Violet Miracle.

This seedling is nothing special, although the branching is good.  2150-01re is a mottled very pale blue.  Most of the seedlings were purple, similar to 2150-02re.

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Garden
KY
Zone 6