Re: Ugly duckling

Actually, that's the type of color range that I prefer. There's a place for that. I find it very beautiful. The colors are very pleasant, and have a wider range of placement options in the garden than more saturaten colors. Think of how popular an iris like Chimera is - and it is not only in this color range, but has distinctly odd coloration as well!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 1:24 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] Ugly duckling

This is 1812-2G-03re . . . Lemon Reflection X All Revved Up.  Three stalks blooming today and it looks like all mature fans have stalks.  Anyone like these colors?

I just can't warm up to this.  Maybe the next generation?

Betty Wilkerson
Bridge In Time Garden
Zone 6

Also have a child of Total Recall with 3 stalks.