Ugly duckling

I want to thank Loic, and everyone else, who responded to my ugly duckling.

I've learned so much from this cross.  (Lemon Reflection x All Revved Up)

This is one of the second year germinants that bloomed in the summer of 2006.  We discussed them a bit at the time.

My inner rebloom enthusiast does like it and I recognize it's worth as a parent.  Much of it's preceived roughness can be attributed to the self x plicata factor.  Cleaning them up may be a problem.  Another seedling, crossed with a blue bitone, gave a seedling with veiny falls.  (Think Crazy For You,)

Stated in another way, their value may be better used in the yellow/red plicata line.  Of course, this was the original goal.

<<don't always need to be bright and garish,>

Unfortunately, that is one of my faults!  I love irises with super saturated colors.  The hotter the better.  I love the amoenas, probably because I get the contrast all in one bloom.

I see pastels as accent colors.  It's a good thing people like to send them as bonus material!  <smile>

One of my original goals was to widen the color range in rebloom.  I get really tired of white, purple & yellow.

Thanks to all!

Betty