Re: HYB MTB Persona's children

  • Subject: Re: HYB MTB Persona's children
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 10:15:10 +0200

Hello Thomas. (and the mad ones interested in beating the odds!)
in 2008,  the (diplo X tetra) crosses gave me pods alright, but like what Harald seems to have experienced, the seeds shriveled to nothing when they dried.
Still there were exceptions, after they almost all had dried out, there still were some good seeds among them. :
bangles ostrogoth 5 good / 15
bumble bee i'm back 1 good / 10
concord sprite miss nellie 1 good / 18
MM06-01a=bumble beeXregina DD06-030c=tweety x hot 8 good  / 20
TM06-05= blue amoena x consummation wish 3 good / 7
So i think it's difficult to draw definitive conclusions, because  for me, (diplo X tetra) crosses or (tetra X diplo ) ones seem to work the same : very disapointing, but also terribly exciting at the same time, so much seems to be held in these so rare and precious odd surviving seeds!
We'll have to try more of course, then share the results.
Hope someone clever enough can come up with a theory  then!
"I'll bet you can't guess what diploid pollen I'm going to be trying next season "
 Of course i can, you'll be using Clown Pants!
Among all my tries this year with Clown Pants, only one (tetra X diplo) cross  took, on Calico Cat.
All the others are (diplo x diplo), hoping for rebloom-carriers among the sdlgs.
pod pol
bangles clown pants
chelsea turner clown pants
chelsea clown pants
baubles & beads clown pants
calico cat clown pants
merit clown pants
fair aldis clown pants
bumble bee clown pants
MM06-01a=bumble bee X regina clown pants
steffie clown pants
Next year, Clown Pants will be (ab)used to the limits on both sides of the ocean !