HYB MTB: (Concord Sprite X Persona)

  • Subject: HYB MTB: (Concord Sprite X Persona)
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:21:39 +0200

Talking of (tetra x diplo) crosses, there is a MTB that comes from such a cross:

CONCORD SPRITE

(C. Boswell, R. 1980) Sdlg. 112-70. MTB, 22" (56 cm), MWhite with violet and maroon dotting and light line on edges; white beard. Little Blackfoot* X Whispering Sprite*. Boswell 1980

Is Concord sprite a diploide, a triploide or a tetraploide?

i got a pod with 3 seeds from (Concord Sprite X Whispering Spirit), from which i got one seedling that finally died.
i also got one seedling that died too from ( Honorabile XConcord Sprite) no record of the seed count...

...but I got 6 seeds with (Concord Sprite X Persona), from which i got 2 seedlings.
The first one bloomed last spring ? It is MM06-02a. It had 5buds and the photo is attached.
It has the great colour of Persona, on the lousy shape of Concord sprite!
Can't wait to see the second, maybe it will be the opposite!

There is nothing registered from Concord Sprite, has anyone played with it too and can  show us some results?

 Loïc

*LITTLE BLACKFOOT  (M. Reinhardt, R. 1966) Sdlg. D62-l0. SDB, 12" (30 cm), E-MS very dark red-black; F velvety red-black; red-black beard. Brassie X Inky. Reinhardt 1967, NTG Award 1968, HM 1968, JC 1969.

*WHISPERING SPRITE  (D. Guild, R. 1966) Sdlg. 63N1. MTB, 26" (66 cm), E-M Greenish white self with blue veined hafts; bluish color running onto base of F. Nambe X bee. Guild 1968, HM 1969, JC 1969