REB: Frequent Flyer seedlings

  • Subject: REB: Frequent Flyer seedlings
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:28:35 -0500

That's the plan, Griff!

I've been trying to get a robust, vigorous base for reds,
pinks, oranges.  These have everything I'm looking for
except, of course, bloom quality.  The ugly duckling has
opened 16 buds so far, and it ain't done.  Another fan on
the clump is putting up a stalk that looks just like it.

I almost never get vigor from a cross if the pod parent
isn't a bully grower.  Am taking notes also of ones that
stay healthy and growing all summer and look like they
could make stalks again in fall.  The challenge now will be
trying to get them to put on a pretty face.

Linda - I have nothing but gratitude and admiration for you
guys for putting the rebloom checklist together.  There
are bound to be things wrong in a project of such scope.
I've been finding it very handy!

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5 - Potting hundreds of sprouts.