HYB: heritability of roots (was Frequent Flyer)

  • Subject: HYB: heritability of roots (was Frequent Flyer)
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:56:07 -0400

Robust roots seems to be one of those full recessive or dosage things in
TBs I've worked with - robust roots on a pod parent, both of whose
parents had robust roots, crossed with something with moderately robust
roots where I don't know what the parent's roots were like seems to give
half or more with robust roots. If both parents come from robust root
lines, all the seedlings have ridiculously robust root systems.

But those are the things I'm working with & it's a pretty limited gene pool.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8