REB: Orangish with metallic gold edge

  • Subject: REB: Orangish with metallic gold edge
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:00:36 -0500

This is the first second-generation rebloomer for me.  Also
the first to bloom out of season with (very slight) metallic
gold edge. This one got caught in the 5 nights of 17 degrees
in spring 2007 and has just now recovered enough to bloom.
Of course, it didn't help any that it sticks out in the path and
has been tromped on repeatedly.  Should be a small tall with
a better home.
05-170ARE: 03-325ARE(Come What May x Harvest Of
Memories) X Genteel
Note that Eternal Bliss is pod parent of Genteel.  I've always
thought Genteel has been overlooked.  Short, but well-behaved
here and very ruffled. It really improved form in this cross.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5 - glad I'm not in Utah