Re: [SPAM] Re: Bee pods

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Bee pods
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 05:17:14 -0700

 Since you seem to be on line at the moment.
I have a lady here in my VAIS group in AZ that has received seeds from someone in Alaska,
She wants to know how to plant them.
I don't know a lot about growing iris from seeds except what Loic has shared. He's in a much different environment in Sweden than we are here.
 In our case, since we don't have really cold winters, I've told her they need to go in refrigerator crisper until Jan.
What are your thoughts for what we should do here in central N. AZ. ?
And I've also read somewhere that you can't store them next to fruit. Any thoughts on that?
And should they be in a sealed bag or airtight box, or should they get air circulation??
Linda in -N. Central AZ