Re: REB TB Northward Ho - Zurbrigg 1990

  • Subject: Re: REB TB Northward Ho - Zurbrigg 1990
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:30:30 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "loic tasquier"
<tasquierloic@...> wrote:

Loic,

Are you sure the numbers you highlighted would be cross numbers?
Many breeders have unique systems... I would read the highlighted
numbers as some kind of year code.

Naturally it's just a guess.

christian

> NORTHWARD HO (Lloyd Zurbrigg, R. 1990)
>
> Sdlg. GG 82. TB, 37" (94 cm), M & RE (Sept/VA)
> S. and F. white ground, strawberry pink markings on edges; beards
pale yellow. P 14-Oct.:

> (English Cottage x unknown) X Re-Treat. Avonbank 1991
>

> Northward Ho always surprises me with it's delicate colour.
>
> Shape wise, It is a real improvement on Cross Stitch!
>
> I only realized this year the yellow beard. Very interesting
potential i think, crossed with Double Life for example.

> Here are it's registered babies:
>
> FAULTLESS (Lloyd Zurbrigg, R. 1995) Sdlg. OO 54-2-2. TB, 36"
(91 cm), M & RE (Oct/NC)
> Ruffled, lightly laced yellow, hint of green in S. midrib, F.
paling to near-white around beard; beards rich yellow, white base at
end. KK 53#1: (((Spirit of Memphis x Double Praise) x Mabel Andrews)
x Sunny Disposition) X Northward Ho.

> GLADIATRIX (Lloyd Zurbrigg, R. 2003) Sdlg. OO-26-1-2. TB, 36"
(91 cm), EM & RE
> S. yellow with light red overlay; style arms same, red center
streak, pale lip; F. deep yellow overlaid red, deeper toward edge,
hairline lighter edge, slightly deeper red centerline; beards
tangerine orange, paler at end, small short horn; ruffled; slight
fragrance. Northward Ho X Rock Star. Friendship 2003

> I'M REDDY (Joan Roberts, R. 2003) Sdlg. 1668-3. TB, 36" (91
cm), M
> S. golden yellow ground overlaid red; style arms tan; F. golden
yellow, wine red plicata markings covering most of petal; beards
gold; ruffled; slight spicy fragrance. Ostentatious X Zurbrigg OO
43 "Vivid": (0026-3-4 "Horns": (Northward Ho x Rock Star) x 0026-5-2,
sib). Friendship 2003

> MARYLAND HO (Bruce Hornstein,. 2003) Sdlg. SS95-04-NH. TB, 28"
(72 cm), M & RE
> Medium violet luminata-plicata, S. with darker midrib, F. with
darker double center stripe and ochre haft veining; beards yellow,
white at end; ruffled; slight fragrance. Northward Ho X unknown.