Spuria Seed in Northern Climates

  • Subject: Spuria Seed in Northern Climates
  • From: Barb Jackson <jacksonb@mts.net>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:47:33 -0500

Good evening everyone.

I need some advice. This past summer I received some mixed spuria seed
to try. It got forgotten about and left out in a gardening bucket in a
small baggie with a bit of peat moss. I just found it yesterday while
cleaning out the bucket, my costant garden companion since early
spring. There are many green shoots making me think that every single
seed has germinated. I have no idea what to do with it now. Obviously
at this time of year in Zone 2b CDA/3 USDA, I can't plant them outside.
I need some advice. Do I pot them and let them grow under lights inside
for the winter? It's the only thing I can think of but wanted some input.

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, Zone 2b/3