Re: Re: HYB: Pink Champagne seedling

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: Pink Champagne seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:05:47 -0400

Hi Franchelle,

Pretty seedling!

I love the color of Pink Champagne but up close it has a rough appearance.  The veins really stand out.  Maybe I should have said, "Texture veining?"  This may only happen in my climate.  My spring weather may be a bit cooler than AZ.

I'd thought it had something to do with plicatas in the parentage.  As I understand it now, the haft veins, and/or fall veins, haven't been a concern in the plicatas, and haven't been bred out.

Kiss Me Twice had the same deep color here, but also had a rough appearance.  Maryott listed it's parents as unknown.  Kiss Me Twice did disappear over the freeze years.

Neither have tried to rebloom here.

Betty W.
KY
Zone 6

<<I haven’t noticed anything unusual about its texture here.  >>