Re: BC seedling

  • Subject: Re: BC seedling
  • From: "Anja Pansin/Wolfgang Zirkel" <zirpan@freenet.de>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:10:52 +0200

Hi Linda,
thank you. I love the Broken Colour irises but unfortunately they do not like our wet springs here in Germany. They are always the first irises to rot in my garden. Tiger honey is the only exception, it grows very well for me and it is very fertile. This year I have three seed pods from it with about 120 seeds. I will plant these seeds in the next few days.
I made a big mistake - I did not record my crosses. Sometimes I can tell the pod parent but not the pollen parent (but often the pollen parent should be Epicenter as it is my favourite iris). From the postings in this list I learned how important it is to record the parentage and I will do that carefully next year.
Anja from Germany zone 6