REB: Fall Maiden - first of crop

  • Subject: REB: Fall Maiden - first of crop
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:37:14 -0500

With 6 crosses out there from Again And Again, I never
would have guessed this one, half their size, would be
first of the 2007 seed crop to get a bloom open.  Some
frost damage, and still not fully open when this pic was
taken on second day in the chill.  Unfortunate haft marks.
5 increases. Not as dark as I expected. Some wierdness
going on with the layers of color in the falls.  Don't know
if it will come through in the photo.

07-24A Speed Limit X Entangled. Slight 'toasted' edges
on standards and, incompletely, on falls.  A legacy of
Entangled I hope to make something of in the future.

Third hard frost expected tonight. I cut most stalks this
evening.

Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5