Re: HYB: REB: seedling

  • Subject: Re: HYB: REB: seedling
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:06:22 -0400

Loic,

It does give the coldest reported zone.  Some of the newer ones haven't been around long enough for zones other than their home zone to have been reported.

<<as well as the coldest reported zone.>>
How would we get the time of rebloom on all those irises carried over from the 1998 Checklist?  <vbg>

My rebloom-I'm going to hate losing so many stalks!

I tried to protect three new seedlings.  There were sixty-five seedlings in this batch, and I'm not sure if I just didn't notice them in the spring or if they failed to bloom.  I'd marked 4 of my favorites and these were not among that group.  I put a gallon jug of hot water on the wind side of the stalks and then covered the whole mess with a sheet.  I'd meant to dig those seedlings and reclaim the bed!  Guess it's a good thing I noticed the stalks before I pitched them!  At least, I hope it was a good thing.

Then, I cut stalks on three more to harvest the pollen.

1625-01re (picture) gave rebloom seedlings from three different crosses.  (Star Gate child that blooms in early August.)  I've posted two from the Total Recall cross and one from 1620-04 (Chinese New Year x Theme Master).  The third one is crossed by 1701-01Re which is a red seedling involving Silverado, Latin Lady, Theme Master, & Tara's Choice.  It's one of the cut stalks and if it blooms inside, I'll post this one, too.

Betty

Forgot to cut stalks of Returning Chameleon.