Re: HYB: working with oldies

  • Subject: Re: HYB: working with oldies
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:35:57 -0400

Linda, it's lovely.  Such a smooth, even color.  When you're addicted to iris bloom, everything doesn't have to be a cover girl!  Not, that I don't love Lowell's cover girl.  I do.  I'd be really thrilled with it, if I found it blooming in my yard on Sept 15 each fall. <vbg>

Maybe the cold weather will stop my little green bugs?  Not that I expect these 15 inch stalks to bloom in the week or so before the next freeze, even though it will get back into the 70's.  Maybe one or more will show enough color that I can see what I have?  They're probably all purple although several of these seedlings were a greyed yellow.  I am getting tired of purple irises.  Time for another color infusion!

<<Ok, so it's a boring yellow, blooms so late that I had to pick the bud &
bring it indoors to avoid being frozen (27oF for at least 4 hrs), looks
really plain next to Lowell's cover girl ;-), but I like it. >>
Betty . . .
BIT
KY
Zone 6