HYB: "pretty baby" plic

  • Subject: HYB: "pretty baby" plic
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:10:57 -0400

Open yesterday.

This was a surprise - third fall, but first non-drought fall. I don't
remember it reblooming before & it's not marked as a rebloomer in the
garden.

IC1("cloud shadows" rebloom amoena): (IMM x CSONG) X "pretty baby"
pastel blue amoena: (something x CSONG).

Same color as MARIPOSA AUTUMN, different pattern of spots and lines, I
like the form better (wider), nice branch, but bud count =4. No notes
on what spring bud count is.

This was another experiment just to see what happened with plant traits
- "cloud shadows" is short with high bud count & big blooms; half sib
"pretty baby" had very thin, weak, bendy stalks, few buds, small blooms.
I was just curious to see what would happen with stalk inheritance,
but some of these seedlings are not too bad. I keep forgetting 'pretty
baby's pod parent - will look it up if anybody really wants to know.

Linda Mann
east TN

JPEG image