Potting medium for seedling pots

  • Subject: Potting medium for seedling pots
  • From: Bill Chaney <billchaney@ymail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 22:25:21 -0700 (PDT)

I would like some advice on the best potting medium for seedling pots.  I have found most of the commercial potting soils hold too much water and have too little pore space.  Any suggestions?  Mix with sand? Or vermiculite? And what about the soil for the top?  The same, or something more course?

Any suggestions would be welcome.