HYB soaking the seeds

  • Subject: HYB soaking the seeds
  • From: "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@cs.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:26:41 +0200

Bill Chaney gave me a tip last week on how he soaks his seeds.
I've done it, i've attached pictures.
You first make tiny holes in the bottom of plastic cups. (i used a hot metallic knitting needle.)
you put your each cross with it's label in each cup.
You pile the cups up to the height of your bucket.
You fill the bucket with water.
you put the piles of cups in the bucket.
i've used bottles full of water to hold the piles strait, and smaller bottles that fit into the cups to push the piles down and prevent them from floating. I'vealso put these yellow plastic labels to prevent these small bottles from blocking the air into the piles of cup.
 Everyday, i take the piles out of the bucket, let them drain in the sink, even pour a glass of fresh water in each pile to rinse them more.
I then put fresh water into the bucket, put the piles back.
It takes 5 minutes to do 200 crosses!
Hope Bill's tip will make your life lighter this autumn!
I will never thank him enough: i have 1000 crosses to soak!

JPEG image

JPEG image