Re: HYB: tried to bloom now

  • Subject: Re: HYB: tried to bloom now
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 07:00:47 -0400

Yeah, the form is not attractive, especially with horizontal falls.
Small blooms, short stalks. But rotting stalks rates an F!

Thanks for the thoughts, Griff. Lots of ROMANTIC EVENING kids here now
(seedlings and storeboughts), but unlike RE, most are not good pollen
producers here. I will work on health first, if I can use it at all.

After looking at the photos, & all the cycle rebloom kids from "cloud
shadows", I reached the opposite conclusion about pod parent. Plus I'd
be surprised to get rebloom here from NIGHT GAME offspring unless
crossed with a really strong rebloomer. May not be able to sort it out.

Linda Mann
east TN 36oF this AM, colder tonight.

<Linda -- Now you're getting there. The photo makes it look a little
long in the falls. If this is true, you might want to work with
Romantic Evening or Starring in order to round/broaden the falls and
keep the nice velvet and deep color. It's nice to see a dark velvet
rebloomer with ruffles and an edge. Nice branching, too. -- Griff>