Re: rebloom
  • Subject: Re: rebloom
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:08:17 -0500

So far, this has to be the worst year for rebloom here since I've been
growing rebloomers (>15 yrs?). One clump each BELVI QUEEN (1 stalk) &
IMMORTALITY (4 stalks) in Aug, one stalk of OXMOOR HILLS now and another
one developing, one stalk coming along on SUGAR BLUES (which hardly
<ever> reblooms here at all - go figure), and a few seedlings starting
to have stalks.

Not a stalk that I've found yet on any of the many many clumps of
HARVEST OF MEMORIES, and she's usually in full bloom by now.

Stayed way too hot and dry for too long, first frost was this morning.
I'm being optimistic that a) it will rain again here sometime this month
and b) we won't get a really damaging freeze for awhile. At least it's
finally cool enough to trigger stalk formation - we usually get enough
cool nights in Aug to trigger a lot of stalks, but not this year.

> I only had one rebloomer this year, ....El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3

Linda Mann east TN USA zone 7