Re: Bloom Started
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Bloom Started
  • From: Colleen and Les Modra <lecol@adsl.on.net>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 12:14:48 -0700

Thanks Mark

Good that you have "un-lurked"

Nice photos

Colleen Modra
Mt Pleasant
South Australia

On 10/6/2010 4:02 PM, Mark Lazzaro wrote:

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for sharing your dwarf pics.

I'm located at Narooma on the far south coast of NSW.

We dont get frost or cold enough (only about 800 metres from the ocean) for dwarfs to flower here. I have grown Dot Com for the last six years because I love the colors, but it has only flowered once in all that time.

I grow mostly TB's with a few medians as well.

My bloom season started a week ago with median Storm Song. TB's now blooming for me include Splashacata, High Master, Epicenter and Smoldering Fire.

I've started making crosses and have 6 poly boxes full of seedlings that will have to be planted out in about a month from now.

I'll be attending the annual NSW Iris Show in a fortnight's time as well.

I've lurked here and the iris-talk forum for a while now and really enjoy seeing what others are growing and hybridising.

Attached are a few pics of what blooming at the moment.

Regards,

Mark