RE: NEWS
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: NEWS
  • From: El Hutchison <eleanore@mymts.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:42:41 -0500

Morning Bob and all.

That is good news indeed!  I tried to re-take many iris pictures this summer, and have already added about another 50 or so to the Iris Encyclopedia.  Not all are great pictures, but at least they're good enough if you're trying to id an iris.  I know I now check there first to confirm an id, not to mention making a huge wishlist.  It's great having all the information in one location.

As for adding in more cultivars, I guess I'll have to dig into my old checklists for many of the historic iris.  I have a few pictures of those to enter as well.

El, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3