Re: HYB: Magical x Mystery Blush maiden bloom
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: HYB: Magical x Mystery Blush maiden bloom
  • From: AIS Janet Smith <gbyp456@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 18:10:25 -0700

Pretty, I can't tell from my monitor, is it a peach or pink?
Lovely ruffles too!

Janet Smith
Gold Country of California

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Robin Shadlow <rshadlow@yahoo.com> wrote:

Weather has been unusual in Salem this year.   The very late spring did not help the seedlings mature in time for their normal spring bloom time.  There have been seedlings in bloom every day since May.  This is maiden bloom on an 09 seedling- Magical x Mystery Blush.  Maiden bloom timing is not all that great an indication of rebloom for me, but it would be very nice if this proved to be a reliable rebloomer for September.

Two SDB seedlings which germinated this spring (March '11) are putting up stalks.  The advantages of a more favorable climate are already showing up!

Robin Shadlow
zone 7b Salem