Re: Re: Subject: Cricket Song
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: Subject: Cricket Song
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <Autmirislvr@aol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:03:18 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Tom. I might try this. My thoughts were going more toward my
few MTBs from the 'Welch's Reward x 'Consummation' cross! Planted a
baker's dozen. Only a couple look strong enough to suit me and they
appear to have potential for spring bloom. Since they are diploids, I
thought they might be a good match.

'Cricket Song' is a bit damaged from a light frost several days ago.
Still very pretty.

<<And Betty, don't forget that even though it's a diploid, it still
might be a good breeder for you. I've gotten seeds pretty consistently
[although admittedly not loads of them] from using diploid pollen on
tetraploid pod parents.>>

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
autmirislvr@aol.com