Re: ID help
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Probably no statistical difference. The tallest Rosalie scape I didn't photograph - classic case of the weirdness caused by stray glyphosate. The whole affair is due to sloppy record keeping during dividing and musical chairs. I now think I have moved my "Phantom" elsewhere and the mystery rebloomer was it's neighbor. Future ID help pending! :) Even so the rebloom was a surprise. It had never rebloomed and, not mentioned before, my Rosalie has never bloomed in spring. Now that they might be in sync and well nested in it will be interesting to see what happens. (Rats, I had planned to vacant their spots.) Two clumps over in a few years course does not make for conclusions.

I now have masters beds laid out on grid. Accession numbers, 2-3 labels and mapping on everything coming in. ANY changes get rigorously recorded. Lord I hope this helps. Lost labels are irritating. I can only imagine what you hybridizers face with your multitude of seedlings where the stakes are much higher.

On 10/2/2013 6:18 AM, Betty Wilkerson wrote:

Sorry, but it looks the same to me. ÂAny chance you got a piece of RF misidentified? ÂAre they the same height, side by side? Â

Betty Wilkerson

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaub Dunkley <sdunkley1@bellsouth.net>
To: iris-photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 1, 2013 11:19 pm
Subject: [iris-photos] ID help [2 Attachments]

I've been trying to straighten out a label mixup between Titan's Glory,
Phantom Masquerade and Ghost Train. Web photos of all vary even among a
cultivar, so not definitive. I had one clump slanting towards PM because
of having the tallest stalks. None are listed as rebloomers though TG is
a carrier. So for 5 yrs no rebloom - then this Sept the"PM" is
reblooming quite nicely as photo "lostlabel5105" shows. To perplex me
more: The first bloom opened on the same day as my consistent reblooming
Rosalie Figge. Previously RF has always rebloomed in mid to late Oct.
(I'm Z6b btw.) The blooms placed side by side are virtually identical
color and pattern wise, even undersides. The "PM" has stalks a few
inches taller and maybe a tad sweeter smell. Bloom carriage is different
as photo "RosalieFigge5096sm" shows. Are odds more that "PM" was
acquired mislabeled and is none of the above? My photos might be biased
towards blue.