Re: Re: photo credits

From: Kenneth Walker I is my understanding that the copyright laws were changed a number of years ago to
eliminate the need for an explicit copyright statement. A work that can be copyrighted is
now automatically copyrighted unless the author explicitly gives up the copyright. I'm
not aware that posting to the internet is different from any other form of publishing
in this regard. Of course, giving an explicit copyright notice does reinforce in peoples
minds the ownership of the image and is not a bad idea if you are concerned about
it.

I have place most of the iris pictures on my home page  in the public domain, but I still
like to be credited for them when it is practical.

Ken Walker, Zone 9

Patrick Orr wrote:

  I can understand and sympathise with the photographer's feelings in this matter, but I strongly dissagree with them. When a photo is posted on the internet, without a copywright, it is considered Public Domain.
--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ---------------------------- Get EXPERT CONTENT at ONElist! Join PROS&PUNDITS. For details go to: Click Here ------------------------------------------------------------------------