Re: OT: Pink Pardancanda

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: OT: Pink Pardancanda
  • From: lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:00:07 -0000

Wow! that is one beautiful pardancanda! Get those seeds!
Laetitia

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Hensler" <hensler@p...> wrote:
> Laetitia,
>
> Beautiful color on this one! I hope you're saving seeds. These are
wonderfully self fertile and you can pull some interesting colors out
of the gene pool.

> We've had enough frosts recently to kill the tomatoes and put an
end to the corn for this year. Rather than take a chance that I
wouldn't get seeds from the Pardancandas and some of the dicotoma,
I've thrown them in pots and hauled them indoors.

> A few newbies from a seed swap are finally blooming and at least 2
are a clear corn yellow.

> The one showing some spring variegation is blooming its head off
and is a lovely purple and gold with spots. (The photo was taken out
in the garden.) I counted 39 buds on one stem. Height is a bit better
than average for us at 49" tall and (finally!) it looks like leaf
spot is on the decline though it had been in a thickly planted bed
with overhead watering.

> I've been selfing every bloom hoping to bring up a stronger
variegated pattern in the leaves. Keeping my fingers crossed.

> Christy
>

> Skip & Christy Hensler
> THE ROCK GARDEN
> Newport, WA