Re: OT: Pink Pardancanda

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: Pink Pardancanda
  • From: "lilylvr" <lilylvr@kansas.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:15:46 -0700

Wow What a beauty.
Wendy Zone 5 KS
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 3:39 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] OT: Pink Pardancanda

This is my pink Pardancanda. Not a great shot, but I'm very proud of this
one. I actually grew it from seed. Which is quite a feat for me.
Haven't been able to get ANY iris seeds to even appear on the plants.
But about this guy, its strange, but the parent was orange/red, and he is
distinctly pink/cream(??) I only had one pardancanda last year, and I
suspect his mother is also his father(??)Is that possible?
And why is he pink?? Genetics? Or maybe the fact he grew in a pot; was stuck
in the garage over the winter, and might have had a different environment
than the parent(s)?
Laetitia