Re: caterpillar

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: caterpillar
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 12:38:48 -0400

<Last week I found a caterpillar munching on some bearded iris
foliage.  I've never heard of this (nor seen it) before.  Does anyone
know what this caterpillar is?>

I don't know what it is, but it looks a lot like the nasty little
monster that stung the dickens out of me a week or so ago, & was also
munching amongst the irises.  I've also been 'bitten' by saddle back (or
is is packsaddle?) caterpillars that were chewing on irises - one this
year, one a few years back.  Stung by caterpillars 3 times this year and
once by a spider!  Unheard of.  That's retirement for you <g>

Linda Mann

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!