Re: HIST: Old Glory

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HIST: Old Glory
  • From: "brice rose" <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:41:24 -0700

I LIVE IN WONDERFUL IRIS GROWING FARM LAND, NORTH OF SACRAMENTO IN A SMALL
TOWN CALLED NICOLAUS. MY DAD WAS IN WORLD WAR II AS WERE MY UNCLES. I WAS
SURPRISESD TO SEE THAT YOU GOT THAT FEEL ABOUT THE AREA. RIGHT NOW ONE WOULD
ONLY HAVE TO TURN ON THE T.V. TO SEE AND HEAR THE HEARTBREAK FROM THE LOVED
ONES LEFT BEHIND WITHOUT PARENTS, WITHOUT THEIR PARTNERS AND WITHOUT SONS
AND DAUGHTERS.  THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED HERE BEFORE.  IT
IS BIG AND IT AFFECTS EVERYONE DIFFERENTLY. ONE DISPLAY WE SAW WAS  A FLAG
IN A FENCE ALONG THE HIGHWAY MADE FROME SOLE PLASTIC DRINKING CUPS. IT WAS
BIG  AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!  I AM THE MOTHER OF TWO SMALL CHILDREN 7&11 AND
IT SADDENS ME THAT IN THIS HUGE WORLD THAT WE SHARE, THAT WE CAN NOT GET
ALONG WITH EACH OTHER. YES, WE DO GROW SOME BEAUTIFUL IRIS, OVER 1500.  THE
IRIS SEEM TO LOVE THE SOIL AS MUCH AS I ENJOY GROWING THEM.  LARRY LAUER,
WINNER OF THE 2000 DYKES MEDAL, WAS OUT AT MY IRIS GAARDEN LAST WEEKEND, AND
HE COULD NOT BELIEVE THE SIZE OF MY PLANTS. SO SORRY FOR DOING SO MUCH
BRAGGING!!!!!  PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE HEARD OF NICOLAUS OR THE TOWN
OF YUBA CITY, WHICH IS ABOUT 20 MILES AWAY,  BRICE ROSE,  MY PARENTS NAME IS
PEROZZI, SMALL WORLD IF YOU HAD HEARD OF THEM.  BEALE AIR FORCE BASE IS 20
MILES AWAY AND USE TO BE CALLED CAMP BEALE. WHERE WERE YOU AT IN SACRAMENTO?