Re: PHOTO: ...Olympiad

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: PHOTO: ...Olympiad
  • From: neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 15:50:04 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., lmmunro@h... wrote:
"Does anyone know if OLYMPIAD is a good grower in the NorthEast?"

Three-quarters of OLYMPIAD's ancestry is MARY FRANCES.  I would
expect you would have similar growability between the two.  No one
complains about MF's growth habits for sure.

I find the flush of color in the heart of Olympiad's flower of
considerable interest.  A number of its offspring and grandchildren
retain the characteristic, TIMESCAPE only one of them, and the more
recent LAVENDER PARK has a description suggesting the same pattern.

These would be interesting to cross with those having a similar
pattern from HONKY TONK BLUES derivation.  I wonder if the two have
the same genetics?  Does anyone know of such crosses or have any
opinions on the genetics involved?  I intend to try a few.

Neil Mogensen       z 6b/7a near Ashville, NC

Monitoring Service trial