Re: Re: Double Shot

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Double Shot
  • From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 07:05:51 -0700

At the beginning of the dig season it was a rather large row but is no
longer.  However it has been blooming on the same clumps (one year, but
really good soil) since June with multiple stocks on each clump.  I credit
the extreme bloom this year to the soil, absolutely perfect soil.  Double
Shot has been a multiple bloomer for us since its inception but this year
was just unbelievable.  Got a report from Sandy Ives that it has a stalk on
it right now up there.  Second year in the ground but didn't bloom in
spring.  I think Sandy is in zone 3 In Ottawa but I am not sure.