Re: Re: Gentile Rain

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Gentile Rain
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 08:19:27 -0700

This presents a good opportunity for me to stand on my soap box about
pictures (grin)

On my system Coleen's picture of Gentile Rain and Al's picture of Gentle
Rain would seem to be completely different irises. One is a dark blue
and the other is a light washed purple. One appears to be more palmate
and the other much more deeply ruffled.

These are supposedly pictures of the same iris (given that there is no
iris named Gentile Rain and that Gentile is a simple typo), but judging
from what I see, they are different cv's. Of course that would mean that
two people whom I thnk keep careful records have a misnamed iris - also
a conundrum.

So Sally, I really don't think you can draw any conclusions from these
pictures relative to your iris. As an additional note, Springhill is
notorious for nameing iris whatever they darn well pleased, and you
probably can't draw any conclusion from what they labeled it. (In fact
they may have intentionally mispelled Gentile). Name it Sally's Mystery,
and enjoy it.

I know, I'm a big wet blanket.  <G>

John

--