Re: Suspect Wal Mart Prissy Miss

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Suspect Wal Mart Prissy Miss
  • From: "Harold" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:38:22 -0700

If you really want iris bargains, buy leftovers from the iris society sales.
That is especially true of medians in my area. Leftover prices can be
negotiated 30 minutes after the doors open provided the sales chair knows
what they are doing.  In fact, right now I would be willing to sell a lot of
named median cultivars for 75 cents apeice. I am redoing a major bed and
would prefer to sell them than either pot or throw them away.  Last year I
gave so many to my last customer that  his wife had him tell me they would
have gladly paid more if I would have shipped less. I just turned down
buying TB leftovers, 362 rhizomes for $225.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762