Move Iris In October

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Move Iris In October
  • From: Janice Frizzell jfrizzell@tbr.state.tn.us
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:28:08 -0500

I had an email question sent to me and before I answered it I thought I
would get some opinions from other iris growers. Would it be OK to move
irises in October in Ohio? Located between Dayton and Cinncinnati so that's
Zone 6 I think.

My thoughts are yes it would be better to dig and replant than to overwinter
in storage. I have never had to move irises i October so I was wondering if
anyone had and what success or failure they met with.

Thanks,
Janice
In Tennessee

Sell a Home with Ease!