Re: PCN:seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PCN:seedling
  • From: "Harold" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:48:45 -0700

Being very technical, I would agree that Bill will not be able to grow PCNs (Pacific Coast Native). Over time lots of people have tried but none successfully. However I have been told by a reliable source, that PCI (Pacific Coast Iris) are being successfully grown in areas that were previously considered impossible. As a matter of fact, that situation applies to me. PCIs are hybrids between different PCN species and then hybrids of hybrids. Unfortunately knowledge of what hybrids or other details of how they were being grown in the formerly considered impossible areas was not part of the communication.

If you are really interested in growing PCIs, start acquiring seed from Joe Ghio and anyone else that will save seed for you. If you get some survivors, hybridize wiith them. Then introduce the survivors and write an article giving the details about your success.

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762