Re: JUST A QUESTION?????????????

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] JUST A QUESTION?????????????
  • From: " Anita moran"avmoran1@earthlink.net
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:04:53 -0700

Hi  GOODSKIDGOOD

Both are right and beside bulbs they also reproduce with rhizomes.

New Irises are produced with seeds and are the main intrest of hybridizers as
they take a lot of time and room to bring to flower and most are the result of
planned crosses (but not always as the bees adn other insects love these
flowers too).

Buldbous Iris (like dutch and others) reproduce bulbetts (small bulbs attached
to the mother bulb that can be detatched and grown independenly.

rhizomes are tubular growths in which several increases (new plants) can form
from.

Both rhizomes and bulbettes produce the exact replica of the parent plant,
seed do not.

I hope this helps
:)

You can find additional information at
http://home.earthlink.net/~avmoran1/pilmorparts.html

Anita

href="http://rd.yahoo.com/M#3217.2395914.3827946.2225242/Dīroupweb/S07632694:HM/A27861/R˙*http://ads.track-star.com/linker.ts?ts2;312;3_2_11";></a>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
> href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
> Terms of Service</a>.

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/MVfIAA/2gGylB/TM