Re: TB: Silken Shadows etc

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Silken Shadows etc
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:52:31 -0400

Oh wow - my preference is for the blue tones rather than the variegatas
- this one really appeals to me.  Anybody in a wetter climate tried it?
There is often an inverse relationship between what does well in dry
climates and what does well here.  Where's my checklists - Walter, Bill,
Janet, can we grow this one?

Thanks for the photo of OSAKA, but at least in the photo, that has a lot
more yellow than MOST STUNNING or RINGO.  I go more for the pink tones
(like LIASON, which I actually kept alive for a few years, gorgeous
bloom colors) or blues/purples, rather than variegatas.  I have found a
lot more of the variegatas, at least older ones, that do well for me,
but prefer other colors.  At least I prefer other colors now - I notice
that my taste seems to change - started out liking strong colors in late
bloomers when it's often hot and pastels bleach out, now I prefer more
muted tones.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tennessee Whooping Crane Walkathon:

Home Selling? Try Us!